Version: 7 May 2012
Instructions. Please use this form to confirm your manuscript is in compliance with all JTD policies and requirements. We require this form be completed, signed, and returned prior to peer review. Additional information about the requirements for submission can be found at http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/jtd/. The corresponding author must print this page out, initial as appropriate, sign it, scan it, and then submit it with the manuscript. For regular submissions: as you go through the manuscript submission process with ScholarOne, you will be required to upload this form during step 6 (entitled "file upload"). For submissions to Special Issues: do not use ScholarOne. Instead, submit your manuscript and this completed form to the Special Issue Editors.
1) Original Material: Submission of a manuscript to the Journal of Trauma & Dissociation represents a certification on the part of the author(s) that it is original material, and that neither the manuscript or a version of it has been published elsewhere, is not being considered for publication elsewhere, and has been approved by each author. In addition, please note that duplicate publication (sometimes called "self-plagiarism") of sentences or paragraphs or duplicate publication of data is not acceptable. I certify that the submission is original: ___________________(sign)
2) No Plagiarism: The APA Ethics Code states, "8.11 Plagiarism: Psychologists do not present portions of another's work or data as their own, even if the other work or data source is cited occasionally." The 6th Edition of the APA Publication manual (page 15) further explains that: "Quotation marks should be used to indicate the exact words of another. Each time you paraphrase another author (i.e., summarize a passage or rearrange the order of a sentence and change some of the words), you need to credit the source in the text." In addition the APA Publication manual (page 16) also explains: "The key element of this principle is that authors do not present the work of another as if it were their own work. This can extend to ideas as well as written words. If authors model a study after one done by someone else, the originating author should be given credit."I certify that the submission is free of plagiarism: ___________________(sign)
3) Financial Disclosure. Please circle the number of appropriate statement(s) and then sign certification.
I certify that I have circled the appropriate statements above and that I have disclosed any and all financial conflict of interest. ___________________(sign)
4) Research Certifications. Does the manuscript report the results of research with human participants and/or any case study material? Yes____ No____ If yes, answer A-F below
5) General Certification. Is the manuscript in compliance with all remaining policy requirements as specified in the "Submission Instructions" including authorship, disclosure of financial or non-financial competing interests, length limitations, etc? Submission Instructions are posted at http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/jtd/. I certify that the manuscript s in compliance with all requirements as specified in the Submission Instructions._____________________(sign)
Instructions: initial each line and sign at the end.
_______ Manuscripts must be succinct. Regular articles must be no more than 5500 words total (including references, tables etc). Brief reports are limited to 3000 words. Commentaries are limited to 1000 words. Letters to the Editor are limited to 500 words.
_______ Manuscripts must be double-spaced, with 1 inch (3 centimeter) margins on all sides, with 12 point font.
_______ Paragraphs should be indented at 0.5 inches.
_______ Pages should be numbered.
_______ There should only be one space between the end of one sentence and the beginning of the next.
_______ Manuscripts have been spell-checked.
_______ Manuscripts have been edited so that the writing is clear and concise. (Useful writing and revising tips.)
_______ For regular manuscripts submitted via ScholarOne, the title page must be a separate document from the main manuscript. That way, the de-identified manuscript will be sent for review and the title page will be kept separately in the system. There should be nothing identifying authors in the main document, including in the name of the file itself. (When you submit the manuscript on ScholarOne, you will upload the title page separately from the main document using the "title page" option from the drop down menu.)
_______ Authors listed with degrees (e.g., MS, PhD, MD)
_______ Location of the institution and place where the work was done
_______ Corresponding author's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail
_______ Word count
_______ (If applicable) Acknowledgment of previous presentation, grant support, commercial support, or other credit.
_______ Contact information and complete mailing addresses of all co-authors (other than the Corresponding Author) should be on a separate page immediately after the Title Page.
_______ A single paragraph abstract of 100-250 words must be provided. This should be included in the main document. For ScholarOne submissions the abstract should also be entered into the abstract field.
_______ Key words for index purposes
_______ Reference list should be double-spaced, with a hanging indent format.
_______ Each reference should list all authors.
_______ There should be no spaces between author initials (for example: Putnam, F.W.)
_______ Full titles of journals should be listed.
_______ The reference list should be in proper APA format. **Please ensure that your format is compliant with the following examples, and consult the APA manual for formats not listed below.**
Manuscript Title: _____________________________________________
Type of Article: ___Regular ___Brief Report ___Commentary ___Letter to the Editor
Corresponding Author's Name (please print): ________________________________________
Corresponding Author's Signature: _____________________________________________
INSTRUCTIONS: The corresponding author must print this page out, initial as appropriate, sign it, scan it, and then submit it with the manuscript. For regular submissions: as you go through the manuscript submission process with ScholarOne, you will be required to upload this form during step 6 (entitled "file upload"). For submissions to Special Issues: you will be required to send the completed form to the Special Issue Editors.